Explore the labyrinth that lies below Euston station
Euston: The lost tunnels
Dates: October - December, January - March
Duration: 75 mins
Location: Euston station
Tickets: Adult £41.50; Concessions £36.50*
Think you know Euston station? Think again. Join us for a tour exploring a century of the station’s history, from its humble beginnings on the corner of Melton and Drummond Streets, to its exciting future as the London terminus for the brand-new High Speed 2 (HS2) line up to the Midlands and beyond.
You’ll discover a labyrinth of dark and dusty passageways which were once used by the travelling public, a gallery of preserved vintage advertising poster fragments that have been concealed for over 50 years, see the iconic Leslie Green station and its surroundings before they are swept away forever and plus learn about the newest innovations to a Tube and Network Rail station that serves over 42 million passengers each year.
Due to HS2 and its impact on Euston and the surrounding area, the meeting point for this tour will be at Euston Square station.
Euston: The lost tunnels tours will be held on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 30 October and 14 November, and on Wednesdays - Sundays between 20 November and 15 December. Tours in January 2020 will be run on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, and tours in February - March will be run on Wednesdays - Sundays. Matinee rate valid on tours starting before 15:00 on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. To find out more about what tours are available, please click the book now button above.
* Your ticket price includes a Euston station tour, as well as a half-price** one-day pass to London Transport Museum and 10% off all Hidden London-inspired products at our shop, valid within one month of your Hidden London event date. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies. **Applies to on the door price. Full terms and conditions.
What our visitors say...
"Fascinating tour of some of the London Underground's disused tunnels. Espeially loved the old tattered movie & theatre posters adorning the walls"
"Brilliant tour and big thanks to Paul my guide"
Give the gift of Hidden London
Christmas gift ticket
Looking for a unique present this Christmas? Back by popular demand, our special ticket and envelope makes a stunning festive gift. Perfect for Londonists, architecture lovers, transport enthusiasts or anyone looking for a unique adventure! This souvenir gift packaging is just £5 and can be chosen at checkout. Order by 15 December!
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Hidden London Euston tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
- There are 20 places available on each tour.
- Access to the tour is available by lift, staircase and escalator. There is no step-free access to the whole tour route.
- Public toilet facilities are available on the concourse of Euston mainline station. There are no toilet facilities available once on the tour.
- We request that all guests meet 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket. The LTM booking office will send details of your meeting point by email closer to your event date.
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements, issue guests with a hi-vis jacket and check everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour. This will include the meeting point of your tour.
- Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.