Dates: Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays - limited tickets for 2 - 26 March 2017
Tour duration: 75 minutes approx.
Location: Clapham South deep-level shelter
Tickets: Adult £35.00; Concession £30.00 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within 1 month of your event date and a 10% discount at LTM shop both online and in store. *Applies to the on the door price of £17.
Journey 180 steps underground to explore one of eight deep-level shelters that exist across London. Opened to the public in July 1944, Clapham South deep-level shelter has over a mile of subterranean passageways that reveal the extraordinary stories of those who sheltered here, from Londoners seeking refuge during the Blitz, to hopeful Caribbean migrants arriving on the Empire Windrush, and even thrifty visitors to the Festival of Britain.
- There are 22 places available on each tour.
- There are 180 stairs connecting ground and tour level. There is no step free access.
- There are no public toilets available once on the tour.
- We request that guests meet at Clapham South Tube station 15 minutes before their tour start time where the Hidden London team will welcome and register you on the tour, talk through the health and safety requirement, issue guests with a wrist band or hi-vis jacket, and check everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email a week in advance of your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy your tour (Please contact us if your contact details change from time of booking).