Dates: Wednesday - Sunday
17 November - 16 December 2018
Tour duration: 90 minutes
Location: Down Street, W1J 7AS
Tickets: Adult £85.00; Concession £80.00 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes a free* one day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within one month of your event date, and a 10% discount on Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop both online and in store within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Get an intimate peek into one of London’s most intriguing hidden spaces. Located in Mayfair between Hyde Park Corner and Green Park stations, Down Street had a short life as a working station from 1907 to 1932, but became critical to winning the Second World War when covertly transformed into the Railway Executive Committee's bomb-proof headquarters. Experience the warren of narrow tunnels where the nation's railways were coordinated and Prime Minister Winston Churchill took refuge secretly at the height of the Blitz.
Hidden London Down Street tours are approximately 90 minutes long.
There are 12 places available on each tour. Tickets are limited to a small group size allocated to each tour. Restrictions on numbers are in place as a health and safety precaution and to maximise the enjoyment of your experience.
There are no public toilet facilities available on the tour.
There are 122 stairs connecting ground and platform level. There is no step free access to the tour, and no lift on site.
There are parts of the tour with low lighting and near pitch black in places. Torches will be issued to each participant at the start of the tour.
We request that guests meet at Citibase London, International House, 1-6 Yarmouth Place, W1J 7BU, 15 minutes before their tour start time.
A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband and check everyone has appropriate footwear.
You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy your tour (please contact us if your contact details change from time of booking).
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals, shoes or high-heels will be refused entry due to health and safety requirement.
- Terms and Conditions: Terms & Conditions for each tour, including arrival instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority Booking: Priority booking is offered to members of LTM Friends society and LTM newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on Wednesday 5 September 2018 to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale at 10:00 on Friday 7 September 2018. Tickets will be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, corporate members and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking Confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may not receive your e-ticket email and attachment immediately after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information, and full terms and conditions will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the contact details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry. This is for security reasons. There is no step-free access to any of the above tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven floors underfoot.
Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice.
Down Street - Churchill's Secret Station - Terms and Conditions [296KB]
A range of exclusive Hidden London inspired products are now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
- Down Street include one free* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
- Aldwych, Charing Cross, Euston, 55 Broadway and station architecture tour tickets include a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
*Applies to the on the door price
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.