The Museum Depot in Acton is our working museum store - a treasure trove of over 320,000 objects.
Three times a year, we throw open the doors and welcome thousands of visitors to explore. Discover rare road and rail vehicles spanning over 100 years, signs, ceramic tiles, original posters, ephemera, ticket machines, and more.
Depot Open Weekends take place three times a year, typically in April, July and September. With talks, activities, tours and fun for all the family, these festival-style events are an exciting opportunity to celebrate, learn, and enjoy one of the most comprehensive collections of urban transport anywhere in the world.
2019 Open Weekends
- All change!: Saturday 28 - Sunday 29 September
Date: Saturday and Sunday 28 and 29 September 2019
Location: Museum Depot, Acton
Time: 11:00 to 17:00, with last admissions at 16:00
Tickets: Adults £12; Concessions £10; Children and LTM Friends go free
All change please! The next stop is our Acton Depot. For our September Open Weekend, we’ve been inspired by the golden age of travel and London’s rich heritage of rail termini. Hear about the ambitious visions for these striking buildings, from the celebrated to the condemned. Discover how the creation of new rail routes transformed the lives of city dwellers and continue to play a significant role in how residents and visitors travel around London.
- Hear from Tube expert Oliver Green and award-winning photographer Benjamin Graham about the history of the tube and join them for a special book signing afterwards
- London has more mainline termini than any other city in the world. Learn more about the stations, history and the neighbourhoods that surround them
- See how London Bridge was transformed by the Thameslink programme into a triple award-winning station
- Discover the colourful history of the iconic fabric that makes up the Underground's seats
- Peek inside the Small Object Store with our knowledgeable guides
- Watch a screening of the BAFTA award-winning film short Terminus (1961, Schlesinger)
- Meet costumed characters
- Enjoy family craft activities
- Take a scenic tour of Acton on a heritage bus or ride on our Miniature Railway
Download the full programme [752KB]
Make the most of your Depot visit with a copy of the Depot Discovery book - the ultimate guide to the hidden treasures of the London Transport Museum. Order from the museum shop today.