Marvel at one of the city's first Underground stations
Moorgate: Metropolitan Maze
Dates: April, May, July, August
Duration: 80 minutes
Location: Moorgate station, EC2Y 9AG
Tickets*: £49.50; Concession £44.50
Tours until 1 August have been postponed. Find out more.
Get a heads up when new tours go on sale
Explore the wonders of Moorgate station, the portal into the City and one of London’s first Underground stations.
The station opened in 1865 as Moorgate Street on the first extension of the Metropolitan line joined in 1900 by the first extension of the Deep Tube. Remarkable re-designs and station upgrades have left behind a maze of disused tunnels, abandoned track and a complete Greathead shield from 1904, the only one of its kind on the London Underground Network.
You’ll get the rare opportunity to visit corridors lined with the original glass tiles of the City and South London Railway, hear how the station served as a freight terminal for decades and see how long disused parts of the station have been repurposed ingeniously in response to the needs of our growing capital.
Moorgate: Metropolitan Maze tours will be held on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 9 April – 24 May and 10 July – 30 August. Please click the Book now button to find out what tours are available.
* Your ticket price includes a Moorgate station tour, half-price entry (one-day ticket, applies to on the door price) to London Transport Museum, and 10% off all Hidden London-inspired products at our shop, valid within one month of your Hidden London event date.
These offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies. Full terms and conditions.
Sign up to our enewsletter to get a heads up next time new Hidden London tours go on sale.
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- There are 16 places available on each tour.
- There will be no cloakroom or toilet facilities available during the tour.
- Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- There is no step-free access to the tour, and there is no lift on site.
- Some sections of the tour can be uneven and wet underfoot and you will be asked to take extra care – sturdy, waterproof footwear is essential.
- We request that all guests meet at the bottom of the stairs of exit 3 of Moorgate Underground station 15 minutes before the tour time shown on your ticket. A member of the Hidden London team will welcome and register you on the tour, talk through the Health & Safety requirements, issue guests with a hi-vis jacket, and check that everyone has the appropriate footwear. Each member of your group must bring photographic proof of ID along with your ticket to be permitted entry.
- Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. This may take up to 24 hours. If you have not received your e-ticket(s) after 24 hours, please check your junk mail folder and if you have still not received confirmation, contact the Museum booking office on +44 (0) 343 222 5000 or email [email protected]
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.