Marvel at one of the city's first Underground stations
Moorgate: Metropolitan Maze
Dates: February - March
Duration: 80 mins
Location: Moorgate station
Tickets: Sold out
Be the first to find out when new tours go on sale by signing up to our enewsletter
Explore the wonders of Moorgate station, the portal into the City and one of London’s first Underground stations.
The station opened in 1865 as Moorgate Street on the first extension of the Metropolitan line joined in 1900 by the first extension of the Deep Tube. Remarkable re-designs and station upgrades have left behind a maze of disused tunnels, abandoned track and a complete Greathead shield from 1904, the only one of its kind on the London Underground Network.
Guest will get the rare opportunity to visit corridors lined with the original glass tiles of the City and South London Railway, hear how the station served as a freight terminal for decades and see how long disused parts of the station have been repurposed ingeniously in response to the needs of our growing capital.
Moorgate: Metropolitan Maze tours will be held on Wednesdays - Sundays between 21 February and 29 March. To find out more about what tours are available, please click the book now button above.
* Your ticket price also includes a half-price one-day pass to London Transport Museum** and 10% off all Hidden London inspired products at our shop, valid within one month of your Hidden London event date. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies. **Applies to on the door price. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies. Full terms and conditions.
Give the gift of Hidden London
Christmas gift ticket
Looking for a unique present this Christmas? Back by popular demand, our special ticket and envelope makes a stunning festive gift. Perfect for Londonists, architecture lovers, transport enthusiasts or anyone looking for a unique adventure! This souvenir gift packaging is just £5 and can be chosen at checkout. Order by 15 December!
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Hidden London Moorgate tours are approximately 80 minutes long.
- There are 16 places available on each tour.
- There is no step-free access to the tour, and there is no lift on site.
- There are no public toilet facilities available once on the tour.
- We request that all guests meet at the bottom of the stairs of exit 3 of Moorgate Underground station, 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements, issue guests with a hi-vis jacket, and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
- Some sections of the tour can be uneven and wet underfoot and you will be asked to take extra care – sturdy, waterproof footwear is essential.
- The tour involves sections in both the operational and non-operational parts of the station. Due to the layout of the station the route will take a few twists and turns and at some points, the group will need to double back to be able to gain access to the next section.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.