London Transport Museum offers visitors the opportunity to take themselves back in time and experience a variety of locomotives and carriages across different locations in and around London. To be the first to hear about new events sign up to our Museum eNewsletter.
D Stock farewell tour
Date: Sunday 7 May 2017
Tickets: Ticket prices are £50 per person and £25 for children aged 11-16 (children 11-14 must be accompanied by an adult, who will require a ticket to travel). Children under 11 are not permitted to travel on this trip. A maximum of two tickets can be purchased per person.
The District line D Stock train was introduced in 1980 and as its final days in service approach, the last of the varied fleet of different trains on the Circle, District, Hammersmith & City and Metropolitan lines will finally be replaced by a single fleet of new high capacity, comfortable, walk through and air conditioned S Stock trains on all four lines.
The last D Stock train is scheduled for all day public service on Friday 21 April. Catch it if you can!
The special six-car D Stock train will operate as Train 755. It will travel to all parts of the District line – except the High Street Kensington to Edgware Road section. It will also visit Northfields on the Piccadilly line.
Customers will depart from High Street Kensington at 09:55, with an opportunity to alight at Northfields at 12:56 for an hour’s break, where there will be a pop up shop in the ticket office. The trip will finish at Ealing Broadway at 17:50.
Terms and Conditions
- Seating is not allocated, you are however allocated a specific train car which you will be guided to at the time of boarding.
- For customers wishing a window seat, we recommend arriving and boarding early to avoid disappointment.
- This tour begins at High Street Kensington Station departing at 0955. Please ensure you arrive a minimum of 30 minutes prior to departure time. Registration opens at 0830. Late comers will not be permitted.
- Please ensure you read the below terms and conditions fully in advance of attending this event.
- London Underground with the assistance of London Transport Museum are proud to announce the Metroliner 2 tour with one of the last operational District Line D-stock trains.
- The tour commences at High Street Kenginston Station (Platform 4 – District and Circle lines). The train will depart at 09.55. Customers are asked to assemble at the High Street Kensington Station entrance to register and arrive by 09.10.
- The station gates will be opened, timetable information will be handed out by Stewards.
Ticket purchasers will need to show proof of identity if required.
Valid forms of identity include (but are not limited to) [valid] Driving License, Passport, Freedom Pass. Please note that there are NO toilets at High Street Kensington Station.
- High Street Kensington Station is not step-free. Refer to the TfL website: https://tfl.gov.uk/ to plan your journey
- Customers will be allocated coloured wristbands which reflect your respective train car.
- Ticket Holders are required to use the allocated car but may sit at a seat of their choice. The fold down seats are not accessible during this event.
- Access to the departure platform at High Street Kensington Station will be permitted in good time for the train’s departure.
- The tour will be a very rare opportunity to visit a number of locations on London Underground that never normally see D Stock trains in service.
- There will be a short break (with toilets available) at 1504 - 1528 at Plaistow with a lunch break scheduled between 1256 - 1402 at Northfields.
- London Transport Museum will have a shop open for the sale of appropriate merchandise during the lunch break. Toilets will be available at two of the scheduled station stops for tour customer use.
The tour is scheduled to terminate at Ealing Broadway at 1750.
- No Children under 11 permitted. All children aged between 11 - 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is regretted that due the nature of access to D Stock and the four stations scheduled for departure, arrival and breaks, the tour is not suitable for people with restricted mobility.
- Proceeds from the tour will be distributed between Railway Children Charity and Friends of London Transport Museum’s Q Stock Restoration Fund.
- Important note for Tour customers using the Underground to reach High Street Kensington Station and departing from Ealing Broadway Station. Oyster (or Contactless Payment) must be swiped out at High Street Kengsington Station and swiped in at Ealing Broadway Station. Metroliner 2 tour tickets are not part of normal Transport for London ticketing arrangements.
- The tour takes place on a very busy Underground network and timings (as per timetable that will be distributed on the day) will be strictly adhered to.
The taking of photographs at station stops is permitted but please do not use a flash, keep well clear of the platform edge and remain in public areas at all times.
- Accredited Stewards will be in attendance on each car throughout the tour for your safety and their instructions must be adhered to.
- London Underground and London Transport Museum while making every effort to run the tour cannot accept liability for failure to operate (or curtail) this tour for operational reasons.
- If anything happens and you need to return or exchange your tickets, please note London Transport Museum operates a standard policy of no refunds or exchanges 14 days prior to the event date stated.
- Tickets are non-transferable and may not be sold or passed onto any third party, any attempt to do so invalidates the ticket.
- Tickets purchased are valid only for entry to the event listed on this document and cannot be used for admission to any other event and/or entry into the Museum during standard operating hours, unless otherwise stated.