Open daily 10:00 - 18:00 (Last entry 17.15)
Sunday - Tuesday 10:00 - 18:30
Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 - 19:00
Upper Deck café bar
Sunday - Tuesday 10.00 - 18.30
Wednesday - Saturday 10.00 - 19.00
The Museum Depot at Acton is London Transport Museum's storage facility. It is open for special events and by appointment only. For the full programme click here.
Children and young people under 18 go free (under 12s must be accompanied by an adult).
Carers are permitted free access when accompanying a concession paying adult.
Adult £17.50; Concession £15*
Tickets allow unlimited daytime entry to all Museum galleries and temporary exhibitions for a whole year. Please see our full admission terms and conditions below. *You can save by booking your annual ticket online at the reduced price of £16 and £13.50.
Adults £14; Concessions £12.50
Parties comprising 10+ adult/ concession visitors will be eligible for a preferential group rate admission. Please note that these tickets are valid for one day entry only. Group bookings should be made at least one week in advance of your visit by calling our Booking Team on 0207 565 7298.
Concessionary admission and event ticket prices, unless otherwise stated, apply only to senior citizens, students (on presentation of a valid student ID card) and those in receipt of state benefit assistance.
TfL staff and TfL nominees
TfL staff and TfL nominees (with blue or green passes) are admitted to the Museum in Covent Garden free.
British military personnel
British military personnel (current and veteran) are eligible for a 25% discount on adult admission when they present a valid Defence Discount Service card, military ID or veteran military ID on the door. This discount also applies to accompanying family members. Please see terms and conditions for more information about this offer.
Joint MBNA Thames Clippers ticket
Prices from Adult £19.30; Child £3.25
Save money with our new joint ticket with MBNA Thames Clippers. This ticket includes a one day pass to the Museum. The MBNA Thames Clippers boat trip and visit to the Museum must take place on the same day.
Museum and MBNA Thames Clipper with Emirates Airline ticket
Prices from Adult £27.70; Child £8.25
Save 20% with our new joint ticket with MBNA Thames Clippers. This ticket includes a one day pass to the Museum. The MBNA Thames Clippers boat trip and visit to the Museum must take place on the same day.
Book Thames Clipper tickets online
London attractions ticket packages
Adult from £16.00
Receive a range of discounts and offer prices when you combine your London Transport Museum ticket with another iconic visitor attraction in London.
Emirates Air Line
Emirates Air Line champagne flights
Soar above the Thames on London’s cable car! Emirates Air Line’s unique experience will treat you to a private cabin round trip, a glass of Laurent Perrier Brut NV champagne (per person) and viewing guide whilst you take in the spectacular views of London during your return trip.
- Tickets are valid for the dates and times shown on the front of the ticket. Annual tickets for the Museum at Covent Garden are valid for 12 months from the date of the first visit within normal opening hours.
- Tickets are intended for use by the purchaser only and are non transferable. Proof of identity will be requested when repeat visits are made.
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash and lost or damaged tickets cannot be replaced.
- London Transport Museum reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors.
- Annual tickets are not valid for entry to Acton Depot or to special events at the Museum in Covent Garden.
- An annual ticket does not provide preferential rights or entry over other Museum visitors.
- When an annual ticket is purchased as part of a two-for-the-price-of-one promotion, one annual ticket is purchased and an accompanying guest is admitted free of charge for one day only.
- Opening hours are subject to change.
Terms and Conditions - British military personnel 25 per cent off an annual ticket at London Transport Museum
Offer starts 10:00, Sunday 11 November 2018
This is a permanent offer
- British Military personnel and their families (up to four additional family members) can obtain 25 per cent off an annual, on-the-door pass which is usually priced at £17.50 when they show their Defence Discount Service card, Military Personnel ID card or Military Veteran ID card.
- The offer is valid from Sunday 11 November and applies to daytime entry only. The offer does not apply to special events at the Museum in Covent Garden or for entry to the Museum Depot in Acton.
- The offer is a permanent offer (until further notice).
- London Transport Museum has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the Museum reaching capacity, as well as unforeseen circumstances.
- A Defence Discount Service card, military ID pass card, veteran’s ID card must be shown at the ticket desk by the visitor to obtain the discount.
- Family members must accompany the Defence Discount Service holder, Military Personnel ID holder or Veteran ID card holder.
- This offer cannot be used in combination with any other discount, including London Transport Museum’s concession rate.
Full ticketing and admission terms and conditions are available here.
London Transport Museum is a registered charity, dedicated to transport preservation and education in London.
If you are a UK taxpayer paying for yourself and/or your family group to enter the museum, you can choose to make a Gift Aid donation. By doing so the government allows us to reclaim the tax you’ve already paid at no cost to yourself - that's 25p for every £1, making a £17.50 admission worth £21.87 to the museum! Gift Aid is therefore an easy and tax effective way of giving to charities in the UK.
Please become a Gift Aid visitor by saying ‘yes’ when you are asked at the till point. Thank you for your support.
Charity number: 1123122