Our Young Freelancers have an opportunity to work on an ad-hoc basis, gain training and build a variety of contacts across the cultural sector.
They work alongside us and the wider sector, cultivating new transferable skills and sector knowledge, which in turn helps them to become enthusiastic, informed, culturally-aware freelance professionals.
What do I gain from the programme?
The Young Freelancers that join us get the following from our program:
- Valuable transferable skills and experience working in an inspiring and innovative heritage organisation
- A real development opportunity paid at the London Living Wage
- Museum induction and extensive training programme including opportunities for mentoring training, project management training and much more
- A mentoring from a freelancer from the sector
- Help support your professional development
- A unique gateway opportunity into the wide ranging cultural sector
How do I get involved?
Each we recruit a group of Young Freelancers. If you are interested in becoming a Young Freelancer with us, then please check out the opportunities listed below.
Stay up to date with our work and opportunities to join our programme on these pages or follow us on Twitter @ltmuseumyouth.
What do our Young Freelancers have to say?
“My short time as a Young Freelancer has been a rapid learning curve: I have gained more confidence and knowledge in one year than I have from all my previous experiences put together! I now feel equipped with a toolkit that means I can take my career in museums forward in whatever direction I choose”
Applications for our 2019-2020 Young Freelancers are now closed.
Check back later in the year to find out more about what they are up to.