Inspire Engineering Day
Inspire your students to consider STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) careers through access to practising engineers and London Transport Museum’s historic collection.
Let our skilled facilitators inspire your pupils with enquiry-based activities, stories from practising engineers and our iconic collection. The Key Stage 3 Inspire Engineering Day includes:
- Interviews with inspiring engineers
- Participation in our exciting hands-on ‘Braking Eggsperiment’
- Exploration of the engineering wonders at the London Transport Museum Depot
This session is CREST accredited by the British Science Association. All participating students receive a CREST Discovery Award at the end of the day.
Dates: 6-10 November 2017, 9, 12-16 March 2018 and 18-22 June 2018
Session length: 10.30 - 14.45 (including lunch break)
Cost: £150 for a group of up to 30 pupils. £300 for a group of up to 60 pupils.
Group size: 60 pupils maximum
Four reasons to book
- Meet passionate practising engineers
- Connect classroom learning to a live London Employer
- Explore different pathways into work
- Experience an inspiring collection
What the students say:
"It's inspired me because it’s made me learn that engineering covers so much of life. Doing the train tracks showed that engineering can be fun, complex and then it can also be an enjoyable job.”
What the teachers say:
"It was really effective, it helped them see what we do now every day in school can practically influence their career."
Please note that this session is delivered at London Transport Museum Depot in Acton.
Before your visit
These guidance notes are useful to read before any school visit. You and your pupils will get the most from London Transport Museum if you come prepared.
- Map to Acton Depot [104 KB]
- Notes for teachers for Acton Depot [941 KB]
- Hazard identification at Acton Depot [164 KB]
Tel: +44 (0)20 7565 7298
Email: [email protected]