London Places and Spaces
Date: Friday 15 May 2015
Time: 18.45 - 22.00
Location: Covent Garden
Tickets: Adult £12; Concession £10
It’s the opening night of our new exhibition London Spaces and Places – be one of the first to see the shortlisted 100 artworks entered into the annual AOI Illustration competition. From parks to lidos, black cabs to phone booths, we’re exploring all sorts of London spaces and places at this special late night opening.
Chill out in the pop up park on one of our transport themed deck chairs, and enjoy the sounds of jazz band the Sunshine Kings. Get crafty with our make and take activities, including pop up postcards and take part in the fiendishly difficult pub quiz.
Other activities include:
- Talks by Janet Smith, author of Liquid Assets on London’s lidos and love of outdoor swimming; and Joe Kerr, Royal College of Art Professor and London bus driver
- Two for one offer on Pimms
- Giant garden games
- Face painting for grown ups
- Make your own places and spaces inspired poster
- Have your photo taken inside the retro phone booth
- Meet one of our curators and get the inside scoop on the exhibition
- Explore the museum at your own pace with the scavenger hunt
This event is part of the Museums at Night festival.