Farewell Leicester Square
Date: Friday 6 February 2015
Location: Covent Garden
Tickets: Adult £10; Concession £8
Please note our Friday Late events are for adults aged 18 and over only
Join us as we bid farewell to the Goodbye Piccadilly exhibition exploring the life of Londoners during the First World War which heralded a new London and the dawn of the jazz age. An evening bursting with activities, workshops, illustrated talks and live music from the KD jazz and dance orchestra band.
- Enjoy our illustrated curator talk on the transition from post-war depression to the boom years of the 1920s.
- Travel back through the decades to a not-so-innocent age as Lucinda Gosling from the Mary Evans Picture Library conducts a tour of the highlights and low lives of early 20th century London nightlife - from law-breaking nightclubs and risqué cabaret performances to the rise of drug culture and adultery scandals.
- Indulge in some award winning cocktails from Erik Lorincz, head bar tender from the American Bar at the Savoy who will be designing the evenings one off speciality cocktail and delivering a talk on the history of the cocktail and the American bar.
- Brighten up your look with the lipstick and curls beauty parlour ladies and their vintage make up magic.
- Try your hand with our art deco workshop and design and create a flapper style headband or decorative pocket square.
- Test your knowledge with our fun and friendly pub quiz, this is no time to get in a flap as there are prizes to be won!