Explore the museum after hours at one of our Friday Late events. We keep the doors open until 10pm, and often give you a sneak peak of our newest exhibition. With music, bars, hot food, talks, quizzes, and craft activities, the Friday Late is great way to discover the Museum.
Please note that our Friday Lates are adult events suitable for those over 18 years old.
Date: Friday 11 September 2015
Time: 18.45 - 22.00
Location: Covent Garden
Tickets: Adult £12; Concession £10
Celebrate the opening night of our new exhibition ‘Night Shift’, and discover transport after dark. The exhibition explores late night London from the introduction of electric power to the contemporary 24 – hour city.
We’re celebrating all things nocturnal, so grab some a pair of headphones and throw some shapes at the silent disco, take a dive into the ball pool and get party ready with some neon face art. We’ve got great speakers lined up and plenty of crafty activities too. Channel your inner night owl and come dressed to impress for an evening out.
- Talks by Daniel Greenwood at the London Wildlife Trust on London wildlife after dark and how it has adapted to city life over the last 150 years; and Matt Brown, Editor of the Londonist, on a few of the more unusual exploits from London's history and some of the night-time adventures modern Londoners might explore, now that the Tube is running 24 hours at weekends
- Our curator Simon Murphy, a.k.a 'Museum of Vinyl', will be behind the decks, with a playlist of the best of youth culture hits from the 50’s to the 80’s
- Delicious food and drink, including some one off night themed cocktails
- Pub quiz on London’s nightlife
- Big kid fun with neon face art, colouring in, balloon amazement from Miss Ballooniverse and our adult ball pool
- Join the London Craft Club and embellish a bespoke night time glam Oyster Card wallet with fluorescent paints, crystals and glitter
- Fashion your own fabric night owl key ring
- Lean more about the Night Shift exhibition with curator led talks and tours
- Explore the museum at your own pace with the scavenger hunt
For a one night only party offer, London Transport Museum is partnering up with Mabel’s, Covent Garden’s new nightspot. After an evening of fun, culture and frolics at London Transport Museum, head down to Maiden Lane where the friendly folks at Mabel’s are offering free entry and a glass of prosecco to all those with an LTM Night Shift Friday Late ticket. http://www.mabels-coventgarden.co.uk/