Piccadilly Circus: The heart of London
Dates: August - September
Duration: 75 mins
Location: Piccadilly Circus station, W1J 9HP
Tickets: Adult £41.50, Concessions £36.50
See the engineering and architecture marvels at the heart of London
Join us for an exclusive tour of one of the most iconic stations on the London Underground: Piccadilly Circus. Located directly underneath the celebrated landmark, Piccadilly Circus station opened in 1906 serving the Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines.
Extensively modernised between 1925 and 1928 to meet passenger demands, the station is an engineering marvel and boasts one of the finest examples of subterranean architecture on the London Underground.
This timeless grade II listed building serves over 40 million passengers a year in style. Redesigned by celebrated architect Charles Holden and reopened in 1928 it was nicknamed the “New Heart of London”.
Visitors will go behind secret doors, to passageways and lift shafts closed to the public since 1929 and discover the original Edwardian design features, the fascinating stories of wartime sheltering and top-secret storage of priceless artefacts. Piccadilly Circus offers a unique perspective of how the London Underground has grown and adjusted to Londoners’ needs for over a century.
Piccadilly Circus: The heart of London tours will be held on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays between 21 August and 27 September. To find out more about what tours are available, please click the book now button above.
Your ticket price also includes a half-price one-day pass to London Transport Museum* and 10% off all Hidden London inspired products at our shop.
* Applies to the on-the-door price and must be used within one month of your event date. The 10% off Hidden London merchandise discount applies both online and in store within one month of your event date and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies.
See the full Terms and Conditions and more important information on our Terms & Conditions page.
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Hidden London Piccadilly Circus tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
- There are 20 places available on each tour.
- There is no step-free access to the tour, and there is no lift on site.
- There are no public toilet facilities available once on the tour.
- We request that all guests meet at the bottom of the stairs of exit 4 of Piccadilly Circus Underground station, 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket.
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements, issue guests with a hi-vis jacket, and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
- Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice. Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.