Dates: Wednesday - Sunday
6 October - 11 November 2018
Tour duration: 75 minutes
Location: Aldwych station, Surrey Street, WC2R 2NE
Tickets: Adult £41.50; Concession £36.50 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within one month of your event date, and a 10% discount on Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop both online and in store within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Hidden London is delighted to once again offer tours of the closed Aldwych Underground station. The tour will take you to the ticket hall, the original lifts, abandoned platforms and tunnels, and inter-connecting walkways – including some that are very rarely seen by the public.
Aldwych station is one of London’s secret places, holding myths and memories of times gone by. Opened to the public in 1907, it was never as heavily used as originally intended and closed nearly 100 years later in 1994. The station has had a varied history; from providing shelter to Londoners during the Blitz, to being used for film and TV shoots including Darkest Hour (2017), Sherlock (2014), Mr Selfridge (2013) and Atonement (2007).
Please ensure you read the terms and conditions below prior to booking your tickets.
Hidden London Aldwych tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
There are 25 places available on each tour.
There will be a limited cloakroom available on site for coats and small bags only.
There are 160 steps connecting the ground and platform level. There is no step-free access and no working lift on site.
There are toilet facilities within the station at ground level. There are no facilities at platform level.
We request that all guests meet 15 minutes before their tour time, outside the Surrey Street entrance of Aldwych station.
A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the health and safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband, and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
Please contact us if your contact details change from the time of booking.
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals, shoes or high-heels will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Terms and Conditions: Terms & Conditions for each tour, including arrival instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority Booking: Priority booking is offered to members of LTM Friends society and LTM newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on Wednesday 5 September 2018 to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale at 10:00 on Friday 7 September 2018. Tickets will be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, corporate members and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking Confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may not receive your e-ticket email and attachment after immediately after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information, and full terms and conditions will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the contact details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry. This is for security reasons. There is no step-free access to any of the above tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven floors underfoot.
A range of exclusive Hidden London inspired products are now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
All guests are entitled to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Down Street include one free* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
- Aldwych, Charing Cross, Euston, 55 Broadway and walking tour tickets include a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
*Applies to the on the door price.