Dates: Friday – Sunday, 1 June – 23 June 2019
Duration: 75 mins
Location: Aldwych station, Surrey Street WC2R 2NE
Tickets: Sold out
Be the first to find out when new tours go on sale by signing up to our newsletter
Ticket price includes a half-price* one day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within one month of your event date, and a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Booking fee of £1.50 per transaction applies.
Explore one of London's secret places
Aldwych station is one of London’s secret places, holding myths and memories of times gone by. Opened to the public in 1907, it was never as heavily used as originally intended and closed nearly 100 years later in 1994.
The station has had a varied history; from providing shelter to Londoners during the Blitz, to being used for film and TV shoots including The ABC Murders (2018), Darkest Hour (2017), Sherlock (2014), and Atonement (2007).
Your tour will take you to the ticket hall, the original lifts, abandoned platforms and tunnels, and inter-connecting walkways – including some that are very rarely seen by the public.* Applies to the on the door price
Hidden London Shop
Why not combine your ticket with one of our exclusive Hidden London-inspired products - now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
Each Hidden London ticket entitles the holder to a 10% discount on all Hidden London merchandise at our shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Hidden London Aldwych tours are approximately 75 minutes long.
- There are 25 places available on each tour.
- There will be a limited cloakroom available on site for coats and small bags only.
- There are 160 steps connecting the ground and platform level. There is no step-free access and no working lift on site.
- There are toilet facilities within the station at ground level. There are no facilities at platform level.
- We request that all guests meet outside the Surrey Street entrance of Aldwych station, 15 minutes before the tour time shown on their ticket.
- A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the health and safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband, and check that everyone has appropriate footwear.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour.
- Please contact London Transport Museum if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information you need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour. Please contact us if your contact details change after you purchase your ticket(s).
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals or shoes, or high-heels, will be refused entry due to health and safety restrictions.
- Terms and Conditions: Terms & Conditions for each tour, including joining instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority Booking: Priority booking is offered to members of LTM Friends society and LTM newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on Wednesday 6 March to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale on Friday 8 March at 10:00. Tickets will be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, corporate members, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking Confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may not receive your e-ticket email and attachment immediately after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information and full terms and conditions, will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID (drivers’ licence or passport) along with their ticket to be permitted entry. This is for security reasons. There is no step-free access to any of the listed tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven surfaces underfoot.
Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice.
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.