Dates: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
31 January – 4 February, 7 – 11 March 2018
Tour duration: 70 minutes approx.
Location: Clapham South deep-level shelter, SW12 9DU
Tickets: Adult £46.50; Concession £41.50 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes one half price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within 1 month of your event date, and a 10% discount on all merchandise at the LTM shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Cosy up underneath a blanket 180 steps underground and watch a bespoke Second World War film reel curated by London Transport Museum. See one of 16 sub-shelters in the vast complex of tunnels and learn about the realities of being a Londoner during the Second World War whilst sitting in one of eight deep-level shelters that exists across London.
With first hand oral histories and footage from people that actually sheltered here during the V-weapon raids and throughout the end of the war, Ministry of Information propaganda films, cartoons and newsreel clips of the day, this unique event will transport you to a time encapsulated in history in this shelter hidden deep underground.
Hidden London – Subterranean screenings are approximately 70 minutes long.
There are 30 places available at each screening.
This is not the same event as the Clapham South: Subterranean shelter tour
There are 180 stairs connecting ground and event level. There is no step-free access.
There will be a limited cloakroom available on site for coats and small bags only.
There are no public toilets available once at event level.
We request that guests meet at Clapham South Underground station 15 minutes before their event start time where the Hidden London team will welcome and register you, talk through the Health & Safety requirements, issue guests with a wristband, and check everyone has appropriate footwear.
You will be sent an event reminder via email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy your event (please contact us if your contact details change from the time of booking).
Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice.
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals, shoes or high-heels will be refused entry due to health and safety requirement.
- Terms and Conditions: Terms & Conditions for each tour, including arrival instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority Booking: Priority booking is offered to members of LTM Friends society and LTM newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on Sunday 19 November 2017 to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale at 10:00am on Wednesday 22 November 2017. Tickets will be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, corporate members and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking Confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may not receive your e-ticket email and attachment after immediately after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information, and full terms and conditions will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the contact details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry. This is for security reasons. There is no step-free access to any of the above tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven floors underfoot.
Clapham South - Subterranean Screenings - Terms and conditions [366 KB]
A range of exclusive Hidden London inspired products are now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
All guests are entitled to a 10% discount on all merchandise at LTM shop, both online and in store, within one month of your Hidden London event date.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Euston photography tickets include one free* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
- Clapham South- Subterranean shelter, Clapham South - Subterranean screenings, Euston - The lost tunnels and 55 Broadway tickets include a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
*Applies to the on the door price
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.