London’s first skyscraper
Dates: Saturdays and Sundays on 14/15 January, 11/12 February, 11/12 March, 8/9 April, 20/21 May, 10/11 June, 15/16 July, 12/13 August 2017
Tour duration: 90 minutes approx.
Location: 55 Broadway, SW1H 0BD
Tickets: Adult £33.50; Concession £28.50 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within 1 month of your event date and a 10% discount at LTM shop both online and in store. *Applies to the on the door price of £17.
Join TfL experts and enthusiasts for an exclusive tour inside London’s first skyscraper, 55 Broadway. Considered radical and offensive when unveiled in 1929, this Grade I listed structure is now a marvel of Art Deco London. Your tour will give you elite access to London Underground’s former headquarters and a new perspective on the capital city as you journey up 14 stories of beautifully detailed offices, grand meetings rooms, and stunning rooftops views.
55 Broadway information
- Hidden London 55 Broadway tour includes a cup of tea or coffee on the 10th floor/ terrace.
- There are 22 places available on each tour.
- There will be a limited cloakroom on site for small bags only.
- There are toilet facilities on site for guests to use.
- We request that guests meet in the 55 Broadway building reception, St. James’s Park, SW1H 0BD 15 minutes before your tour start time. A member of the Hidden London team will welcome and register you on the tour, talk through the health and safety requirements and issue guests with a wristband.
- Parts of this tour are dependent on the weather – in cases of high wind or rain the 10th floor and 14th floor flagpole terraces may not be accessible for health and safety reasons.
Important tour information
Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice.
- Age restrictions: For Hidden London tickets from March to September 2017 the age restriction on tickets has been amended from 16 years old to 14 years’ old. Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions and the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals, shoes or high-heels will be refused entry due to a health and safety requirements.
- Terms and conditions: T&Cs for each tour, including arrival instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority booking: Priority booking is offered to members of LTM Friends and LTM newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on Monday 21 November 2016 to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale at 10:00 on Wednesday 23 November 2016. Tickets will only be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may receive your e-ticket email and attachment after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information, and full terms and conditions will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the contact details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry. There is no step-free access to any of the above tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven floors underfoot. Hard hats and torches will be supplied where necessary.