London’s first skyscraper SOLD OUT
Dates: Saturday, Sunday, 21-22 October, 4-5 November, 9-10 December 2017
Tour duration: 90 minutes approx.
Location: 55 Broadway, SW1H 0BD
Tickets: Adult £33.50; Concession £28.50 (+ £1.50 booking fee per transaction)
Ticket price includes a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum which must be used within 1 month of your event date, and a 20% discount on Hidden London merchandise at LTM shop both online and in store.
Join TfL experts and enthusiasts for an exclusive tour inside London’s first skyscraper, 55 Broadway. Considered radical and offensive when unveiled in 1929, this Grade I listed structure is now a marvel of Art Deco London. Your tour will give you elite access to London Underground’s former headquarters and a new perspective on the capital city as you journey up 14 stories of beautifully detailed offices, grand meetings rooms, and stunning rooftops views.
- Hidden London 55 Broadway tours include a cup of tea or coffee on the 10th Floor/ terrace.
- There are 22 places available on each tour.
- There will be a limited cloakroom available on site for coats and small bags only.
- There are toilet facilities on site for guests to use.
- We request that guests meet in the 55 Broadway building reception, St. James’s Park, 15 minutes before your tour start time. A member of the Hidden London team will welcome you and register you on the tour, talk through the Health and Safety requirements and issue guests with a wristband.
- Parts of this tour are dependent on the weather – in cases of high wind or rain the 10th floor and 14th floor flagpole terraces may not be accessible.
- You will be sent an event reminder email up to a week before your event with all the information that you will need to arrive on time and enjoy the tour (please contact us if your contact details change from the time of booking).
- Age restrictions: Children under 14 years of age are not permitted onto the tours due to health and safety restrictions & the tour narrative being designed for an adult audience.
- Clothing: Visitors must wear flat sturdy shoes. Guests wearing open toe sandals, shoes or high-heels will be refused entry due to health and safety requirement.
- Terms and conditions: T&Cs for each tour, including arrival instructions, health and safety requirements and ticketing information, are available on the individual tour pages and will also be sent via email with your tickets.
- Priority booking: Priority booking is offered to London Transport Museum newsletter subscribers. Please note that due to the limited number of tickets available priority booking does not guarantee ticket purchase. You must sign up to the Museum newsletter by 23:59 on 9 July 2017 to receive priority booking for Hidden London tours.
- Ticket sales: Tickets for Hidden London will go on sale at 10:00am on Wednesday 12 July 2017. Tickets will be sold online. All tickets must be booked in advance and payment made in full.
- Ticket allowance: Please note that there is a maximum of 4 tickets per event per person.
- Ticket price: The following groups are eligible for Concession tickets: LTM Friends, senior citizens (60+), students (with valid student ID card), those in receipt of state benefits, and 14-16 year olds.
- Booking confirmation: During high volumes of customer transactions you may receive your e-ticket email and attachment after your initial payment confirmation. Please don't worry, your e-ticket(s), complete with tour information, and full terms and conditions will be emailed shortly. If you do not receive your e-ticket(s) email within 24 hours, please contact the Museum booking office using the contact details below.
- Access: Each member of your group must bring a photographic proof of ID along with their ticket to be permitted entry. This is for security reasons. There is no step-free access to any of the above tours. The tours all involve walking and may involve long stairwells (of up to 180 steps), static escalators, low lighting and uneven floors underfoot. Hard hats and torches will be supplied where necessary.
Upon purchase, you will receive your ticket(s) via email to the email address you provided. It is your responsibility to check the accuracy of the details in advance of your booking as mistakes cannot always be rectified, especially at short notice.
A range of exclusive Hidden London inspired products are now available to buy online and in London Transport Museum shop in Covent Garden.
- Down Street tickets include one free* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date.
- Selected Down Street tours will be offering the additional option of afternoon tea at the five-star Athenaeum Hotel.
- Highgate, Euston photography, Charing Cross, Clapham South Subterranean screenings, Clapham South Subterranean Shelter and 55 Broadway tickets include a one half-price* day pass to London Transport Museum within one month of your Hidden London event date. *On the door price.
For Hidden London enquiries please contact the Museum booking office.