Volunteering is a great way to develop skills and give back to the community. Whether you are volunteering to keep busy, learn new skills or to meet new people London Transport Museum is a great place to be.
Volunteers make a huge contribution to London Transport Museum. Give some of your time and you can gain so much in return:
- Develop transferable skills towards your own career development at any age!
- Work with friendly and supportive people
- Experience at London Transport Museum makes a great addition to any CV
Regular Volunteers meet visitors, provide Depot tours, object handling, help with cataloguing, help in the library or support conservation projects. With over 9000 hours donated in the last year the Museum depends heavily on the generosity of our regular volunteers.
- When? When you can! We will talk to you about what you can offer, and find volunteering tasks that suit your schedule.
- How long for? No fixed period, but it may be linked to the duration of a museum project you support (some of our regular volunteers have supported us for years). We agree the hours you come in when you start, and keep checking with you that they are still suitable.
- Who for? Anyone, but regular volunteers often have a real love of our collection and London transport history. Many of the London Transport Museum Friends are regular volunteers, but volunteering is open to all. Ideal if you have spare time and want to give some of it to a good cause in a sociable environment.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7565 7264