There are a number of varied and exciting opportunities at London Transport Museum which are offered throughout the year, from volunteering to freelancer work and job opportunities.
We are looking for Event Steward Volunteers to help with our Acton Depot Open Weekend on 23 and 24 September 2017. Further information, the Event Steward Volunteer Role description and an application form are here:
- Event Steward Volunteer - role description
- Event Steward Volunteer - job advertisement
- Event Steward Volunteer - application form
Museum Technical Assistant
Location: Covent Garden
Deadline: Sunday 23 July 2017, 23.59
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 + Excellent Benefits + Overtime
Contract 12 month FTC with possibility leading to permanent
Based in the heart of Covent Garden, London Transport Museum uses the story of transport to encourage, enrich, and inspire all Londoners and those who love this city to get the most out of London. We are the world's leading museum of urban transport and a place for everyone to come to understand and enjoy the story of London's journey.
London Transport Museum utilises today’s modern technology in our exhibition and we require an experienced technician to join the team to deliver a high standard of service, looking after the day to day maintenance of the exhibition environment as well as the facilities of the building, and supporting our events team with AV requirements.
The successful candidate will work on a seven-day rostered basis and will be rewarded with generous annual leave and best in class benefits.
The candidate will also be working with the technical team to develop and install displays, prepare exhibits and routinely monitor the condition of displays ensuring faults are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Open and closing system checks in readiness for Museum operations.
- M&E checks alongside building maintenance repairs and servicing in accordance with your certified skill set.
- To act as projectionist/technician for both private hire and Museum lectures, events and presentations held at Covent Garden or the Museum Depot at Acton.
- To provide first line ICT support to public facing services (computers, servers) in the absence of and under the instructions of the ICT Manager and Network Administrator.
- Projectionist and Sound Technician with a good grasp of sound engineering and sound desks to oversee events ranging from full band to acoustic guitar sessions, as well as everyday corporate events.
For more information: Museum Technical Assistant [19KB DOC]
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the TfL website
Learning volunteer: Early years
Location: Covent Garden
Closing date: Ongoing recruitment
Do you enjoy interacting with young children, singing and moving, and working as a team to deliver fun and engaging educational activities?
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers to support our Singing and Stories sessions for families with children under five on Tuesdays, and our All Aboard nursery sessions for children aged three to four on Thursdays. Since the launch of our family galleries, we’ve had a busy and exciting time creating new programmes to interact directly with our youngest visitors.
You’ll be engaging with young children and families taking part in fun, hands-on activities during their visit to the Museum, and helping to show parents, carers and nursery teachers how they can learn with their children.
Tel: +44 (0)20 7565 7264
Email: [email protected]