Build a Bus
KS1: Technology & Mathematics
In this session students will become real engineers. By using gallery investigation and helping to build our magnetic bus, children will learn the different parts that make up a bus and the shapes that can be discovered from within.
Please Note: Pupils help to complete a magnetic 2 dimensional bus as the " Build" in this session to strengthen their understanding of the properties of shapes. Pupils no longer build a 3 dimensional foam bus.
Dates Available: Mondays & Fridays - Subject to availability
Session times: 10:15, 11:30, 13:00 (10.15 only available Monday)
Session length: 60 minutes
Group size: 30 pupils maximum
Art & Design
Design & Technology
- London Tramways Horse Tram [146 Kb]
- Thomas Tilling "Knifeboard" [140 Kb]
- Metropolitan Railway Steam Locomotive No.23 [103 Kb]
- City & South London Railways "Padded Cell" [91 Kb]
- Westham Corporation Tram No.102 [127 Kb]
- London Underground 1938 Tube Stock Driving Motor Car [122 Kb]
- TF-type Leyland Singe Deck Motor Coach [125 Kb]
- General Gallery Investigation Sheet [66 Kb]
Join us for one of our education sessions where role-play and interactive models bring transport and related topics to life. Sessions cost between £20-£80 per session. Group leaders and adult helpers go free.
For more information on any of our sessions please see our Schools Brochure or call our Bookings Team on 020 7565 7298.