Friends support conservation of the Museum's collections - and the Museum's educational programmes - through a wide range of volunteer activities.
- Guiding programmes for Museum visitors at Covent Garden and at the Depot at Acton
- Constructing and operating the Acton Miniature Railway at The Depot
- Conservation work on the Museum's photographic collection
- Researching elements of London's transport history, to add to the collective knowledge and in response to specific enquiries
- Giving talks to other groups on London's transport
- A lot of cleaning and polishing!
In total, the Friends' volunteer contributions add up to an impressive 1,000 hours of work each year.
The photographs illustrate some of the volunteers in action.