Membership of the London Transport Museum Friends entitles you to a range of member benefits, including:
- Unlimited free entry to Museum at Covent Garden during all normal opening hours.
- One free entry to Acton Depot Open Weekend each year (nominated weekend in 2011 is October Family Weekend.)
- Concessionary entry to other Depot Open Weekends.
- Quarterly issue of Friends’ News.
- Friends’ visits to transport and other venues.
- Friends’ meetings with speakers on transport and related topics.
- Concessionary rates for Museum events and lectures.
- Discounts on purchases at Museum Shop at Covent Garden and Museum Depot (from 10 to 20% according to merchandise, excluding magazines).
- 10% discount for online purchases from Museum Shop.
- 20% discount in Upper Deck café bar at Covent Garden.
- Concessions at preserved railways and other museums (see below)
- Wide-ranging opportunities to undertake voluntary work for the Museum and Friends.
The following venues have confirmed continuing entry concessions to Friends:
- Mid Hants Railway
- Kent & East Sussex Railway
- Brunel Engine House, Rotherhithe
Most venues offer 'two for the price of one' deals, except on special events days. At the Bluebell Railway there is a single concessionary rate. Please note that concessions are no longer available at the East Anglia Transport Museum. These concessions are available to all individual Friends on presentation of their membership cards. It may help to bring a copy of this news item with you.
Individual Membership of the Friends costs £26 per year. There is a reduced rate of £24 per year for Friends aged 60 and over. Family and Life memberships are also available. For full details, please see theFriends Membership Leaflet [6.55 Mb]